Friday, May 7, 2010

Blogs, generally speaking...


...are boring, and mine is no exception. I haven't posted anything in over a month. Not because I have nothing to say, but I couldn't find it. Forgot the name, forgot which email I used to create the silliness, and forgot the cardinal rule of blogging: Thou must bore others to tears with minutiae.

In the last month I:
  • didn't cook 
  • had a pedicure
  • weeded my garden
  • read 9.3 books
  • spent too much time on FB
  • got mad
  • got even
  • got over it
  • wept with joy
  • wept with fear
  • wept with happiness
  • wept with frustration
Is that enough mental vomit or should I continue? Okay. I:

  • remain estranged from family members who are toxic
  • don't regret anything about the estrangement
  • desperately want a change in work conditions
  • contemplate reconciliation
  • worry about everything
  • seek clarity
I'm sure that blogging isn't for me. As I read my own words I realize why so many scoff at the medium: it's ridiculous and self-aggrandizing to spend even a few minutes reciting your own thoughts, feelings, and observations. There is this thing called living. Plan to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment