Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mornings

Five AM is obviously my prime time.  I feel better physically, rested, ready to start a new day.  My most productive time, by far.

Unfortunately the rest of the world isn't on the same circadian rhythm.

If you get up at this time you are almost like a pioneer shoving west, or a member of Magellan's crew, or some sad little hunter and gatherer in search of breakfast.  Why is this the time I love?  Normal people don't.

When you get up so early you can hear your own thoughts more clearly.  Telling you what you should do, and what you should have sawn off your arms before doing.

And you get to see this:




And this:

 

And listen to this:



Started my day off right.  We all worship in different ways.  And my baby is on the same circadian rhythm as I.

1 comment:

  1. I was already leaving the house at 5:30 this morning to conquer the BBSST beast. It is clearly genetically programmed. My father is an early riser, too. If I sleep past 7AM, I've slept the day away!

    I think I like the morning BECAUSE very few people do. It's a beginning...a rebirth of sorts. No one can take away the felicity I feel, knowing I was awake to greet the new day.

    Kindred spirits...it's weird.

    ReplyDelete